1. Pit stop at Makapu Beach Park
2. Watching the rain come in during the first sunrise of 2015
3. The glowing colours of Lanikai Beach
4. Our perspective from laying beneath the palm trees
5. Misty waters during days of thunderstorms along the North Shore
6. Incredible scenes of the mountains along the East Side
7. Dreamy swings are scattered down the East Side, wearing ASOS Floral Dress
8. A colourful shrimp and food truck down the East Side
9. The first waves we saw as the light was breaking on the first day of 2015
10. Sunrise from Sandy Beach
11. Even thunderstorms can be beautiful…
One week in Oahu over New Year’s Eve to escape reality and bask in nothing but palm trees, Mexican food trucks, fresh new ideas and an endless amount of inspiration from mother nature and each other. I’m thinking this could easily become a tradition for Luke and I, and after all these years I finally understand why Luke keeps returning here.
Even when it’s a week of thunderstorms it’s still incredibly beautiful. It’s not about just seeing beautiful places, it’s about seeing the beauty in every place.
Photographer: Luke Shadbolt