27th September 2014
marc-jacobs-daisy-dream-nicole-warne-levitating-1
marc-jacobs-daisy-dream-nicole-warne-levitating-2
marc-jacobs-daisy-dream-nicole-warne-levitating-7
marc-jacobs-daisy-dream-nicole-warne-levitating-8
marc-jacobs-daisy-dream-nicole-warne-levitating-5
Location LOCATION: Australia

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream

This is only the second creative editorial I’ve taken on this year. Last year it was playing creative director, model and stylist for luxury brands Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton (in creative collaboration with Zanita) and Lancome – all collaborations I had complete creative control over and worked tirelessly on to create unique content for both Gary Pepper and each respective brand.

This year it has only been Lancome, as I’m so particular with what brands I work with and how I work with them. Often one element is wrong; there’s no creative freedom, it’s not a strong brand alignment, it’s too commercial, they have little or no budget – the list goes on. I can truthfully tell you I decline perhaps 90% of the work that comes in for the various reasons above, but the remaining 10% is when everything falls into place and I get to present work like this, work I truly love creating for you all and work that takes weeks to develop concepts, plan and execute to the quality I am happy with.

So, with much joy, I can finally share with you all some of my latest work in collaboration with Marc Jacobs to celebrate their new Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Fragrance. I played the role once again as creative director, model and stylist while Luke was the photographer working his magic behind the lens.

When I smelt Daisy Dream for the first time I knew straight away how I would interpret it for Gary Pepper. Its fresh floral scent was incredibly light and it softly lingers around the rim of your nose as the seconds pass. It’s ethereal and dreamy with subtle notes of sweetness, keeping this fragrance true to the playfulness of the Marc Jacobs brand. I wanted to keep the concept and styling very simple – it’s about how fragrances make you feel. In this case, I felt like I was floating through an ethereal dream…

There’s also the element of the Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Capsule – a fun little concept where you can join the thousands of dreamers and create your own dream capsule which Marc Jacobs will send back to you in one year. Anyone who has followed my brand from the beginning will know how much of a believer I am when it comes to following your dreams, which is why this concept couldn’t be more fitting.

“If life is but a dream, please don’t wake me up…” 

Photographer: Luke Shadbolt
Stylist & Model: Nicole Warne @ IMG

Creative Director: Nicole Warne @ IMG
Photographer Assistant: Hannah Crawley